Latest Music Release(s)
ROGER THAT WILL LET ALL MY AFFILIATES & STATIONS KNOW IN THE GULFCOAST AREA; SOUNDS GOOD, WILL CIRCULATE & THANK YA'LL FOR PUTTING OUT GOOD STORY TELLING/TESTIMONIAL TYPE SOUTHERN SOUL...
|"Alvin Brown" - djbigbabyb|
This is very nice. Looking forward to the full CD. Angela "Ms Von" Sims
I love the song you sent me
Now playing on KMGC Magic 104.5 - Camden, AR
Now playing on WNDK with Jazzii A.
Now Playing on KKFI 90.1 FM - 'Old G's Hangout - Kansas City, MO
Now playing on
Now playing on The Right Track Soul Show: https://www.facebook.com/TheRightTrackSoulShow#!/TheRightTrackSoulShow
- See more at: http://www.sweetangel.org/index/#sthash.OBECIHDf.dpuf
PRESS – Sweet Angel
"Her fierce articulation and her knife-edged vocal timbre make almost everything she sings sound emotionally focused and suffused with hard-won, life-affirming power." LIVING BLUES
“..when it comes to pure vocals, she’s pure magic!” BLUES BLAST MAGAZINE
“…classic southern soul/ blues sound that is so hard–to-find these days, but an approach that Sweet Angel can certainly handle with aplomb. She sounds totally convincing on every track……bold, brassy and sassy, and deserves to be far better known than she is……” MN BLUES – BLUES ON STAGE
“Mr. Wrong is Going to Get This Love Tonight
A big production fronted by a big lady. All songs except Purple Rain are by C. Dobbins who is I presume Sweet Angel. The whole thing has a big band sound complete with brass (Sweet Angel plays alto sax). The title track has a great dirty feel to it. ‘Juking at a hole in the wall’ really funks along. ‘Blow that Thang Again’ is actually not what the title says.’ Zydeco Funk’ does exactly what it says on the tin. The entire collection is great fun and just what you need in the car or over a few late drinks indoors. Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ is a revelation. This album makes you want to dance.
Bob Bonsey BLUES MATTERS!” 2012
Awards and Significant Dates
- 2013 Jus’ Blues Awards Winner for Best Southern Soul Song – Artist Performance – Female “Soul Stepping”
- 2013 – featured excerpt in Book by David Whiteis entitled Southern Soul-Blues
- 2013 Jus’ Blues Awards Nominee for Best Southern Soul Song – Artist Performance – Female “Soul Stepping”
- 2012 October Album Review in Living Blues (David Whiteis) “Mr. Wrong Gonna Get This Love Tonight”
- 2012 Jus’ Blues Awards Nominee for Female Entertainer of the Year
- 2011 Recipient of the Rock The City Award presented by AJE Productions/Dreamland
- 2011 Jus’ Blues Awards Nominee for Best Southern Soul Song Female (artist performance)”A Girl Like Me”
- 2011 Jus’ Blues Awards Nominee for Southern Soul Woman
- 2011 Jus’ Blues Awards Nominee for Entertainer of the Year Female Featured in Village Voice (March 9, 2011) http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-03-09/music/southern-soul-guide-sweetangel-mel-waiters-and-luther-lackey/
- 2010 The West Coast Blues Hall of Fame & Awards WINNER for R&B Artist of the Year
- 2010 Best/Artist Albums: Jefferson's critics made their choice – Blues Artist of the Year (Female): Sweet Angel
- Featured in Jefferson Magazine #161 (Sweden) http://www.jeffersonbluesmag.com/en/sweet-angel (2009)
- 2008 Jus’ Blues Awards Winner - Best New Southern Soul Artist Of The Year – Female for "Another Man's Meat On My Plate"
- 2007 (July) Debut Album Released – “Another Man’s Meat On My Plate”